Generic Lumigan (Bimatoprost) is a medication used to treat high pressure inside the eye including glaucoma. It is also used to improve fullness, length, and color of the eyelashes in people with hypotrichosis,
Where to buy Generic Lumigan?
If you want to buy Lumigan for the growth of eyelashes or a medicine for glaucoma, you can order it from our online pharmacy. Here you will find the generic version of this product at a reasonable price.
Now you do not need to wait in a queue at the pharmacy to find out information about the availability, price and features of the drug. Use the service of our online pharmacy and get all the necessary information about the product, place an order, and we will deliver it right to your home door. We cooperate only with trusted and well-known suppliers so you can be sure that you are purchasing high-quality medication.
How does it work?
For eyelash hypotrichosis
The active ingredient of the drug – bimatoprost – makes eyelashes grow faster and wakes up “sleeping” hair follicles.
The solution is able to improve eyelashes and give them a new life. When used properly, the product increases the length and volume of the eyelashes. The achieved result can be maintained for as long as you want, if you use the drug as a prophylaxis after completing the course.
Lumigan is not only effective but also a safe remedy that does not harm health, even when used constantly. It first works to strengthen the eyelashes and then to increase the length. You get healthy and beautiful eyelashes using only one remedy.
With daily use, eyelashes get everything you need for health, growth and volume, they grow faster. The drug is suitable both for the restoration of eyelashes after extension, the use of false eyelashes, and for solving the problem of eyelash loss after diseases. Each disease inevitably affects the metabolism and provokes weakening and hair loss. Eyelashes are no exception. If your eyelashes become weak, short, break and fall out more than usual, you should pay attention to this bimatoprost preparation.
This remedy also improves the color of the eyelashes. It becomes more saturated and dark. Many buyers stop using the mascara because it is no longer needed. Dark thick and shiny eyelashes – this is a reality with Lumigan.
The drug has been tested in Canada, Europe, USA. It is recognized as safe not only as a result of clinical trials but also due to the fact that many customer reviews have confirmed its safety.
This medicine influences the prostamide receptors and promotes drainage of fluid in the eyeball along the uveal outflow tract to reduce intraocular pressure. The drug is very effective in the treatment of glaucoma and intraocular pressure.
What is glaucoma?
Glaucoma is an extensive group of eye diseases characterized by constant or periodic increased intraocular pressure, optic atrophy with the subsequent development of typical visual field defects and decreased visual acuity.
The disease can occur at any age, it affects mainly people over the age of 40 years. But this ailment can also affect young people and even newborns (congenital glaucoma), as it most often develops in those people whose parents also suffered from this ailment. Glaucoma can be an occupational disease, develop as a result of age-related changes, injuries or concomitant diseases.
Risk factors for glaucoma include:
- age over 50 years;
- glaucoma in close relatives;
- injuries, eye contusions;
- chronic ophthalmic diseases, such as cataract, high myopia, iridocyclitis, chorioretinitis;
- hypertension, hypotension, diabetes mellitus, obesity;
- sclerotic changes in blood vessels or deposition of atherosclerotic plaques in them;
- cervical osteochondrosis, leading to disruption of the innervation of the eyeballs.
The disease is most often asymptomatic, deviations from the norm are often detected by chance, during an examination or visit to an ophthalmologist for any other reason.
Over time, patients begins to navigate much worse in space due to a narrowing of the field of view. In the later stages of the disease, it may seem to patients that they look at the world around them through a telescope. Twilight vision also suffers greatly. The patient practically loses the ability to see something in the dark.
The symptom of angle-closure glaucoma is severe pain in the eye, which soon spreads to the entire half of the head. The patient’s body temperature rises, chills, nausea and even vomiting appear. The eye becomes very hard, resembling a stone.
Some nonspecific glaucoma symptoms may indicate the presence of the disease:
- mild pain, a feeling of heaviness in the eyes;
- fast visual fatigue;
- worsened visual acuity at dusk;
- double vision;
- rainbow circles when looking at the light;
- a feeling of increased hydration of the eyes.
What is eyelash hypotrichosis?
Hypotrichosis is a disease characterized by insufficient eyelash growth, their increased loss and fragility.
Hypotrichosis can be congenital and acquired. The reason for the first state of vegetation on the eyelids is usually genetic heredity. But the root of eyelash loss, which is not hereditary, can be very different:
- mechanical injury to the eyelids;
- damage to hair follicles by parasites (demodicosis);
- burns to the face with chemicals or fire;
- infectious diseases (tuberculosis, syphilis);
- disruption of the immune system;
- exposure to constant stress;
- use of poor quality cosmetics;
- vitamin deficiency, in particular lack of vitamin E;
- chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Symptoms of congenital hypotrichosis are a partial or complete absence of eyelashes, eyebrows and scalp hair from birth. Such a disease is quite rare, it is equally found in both sexes and cannot be treated.
Hypotrichosis is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- loss of a large number of eyelashes;
- brittle and thin hairs on the eyelids;
- slow growth;
- split ends.
One of the most effective drugs for is eyelash hypotrichosis is Lumigan eye drops. They are safe for skin and vision and have only a few contraindications.
How to use Lumigan?
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor told you. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The recommended dose of bimatoprost is once a day, in the evening, 1 drop for each treated eye. The drug should be used daily so that it can work properly. Do not use it more than once a day, otherwise the effectiveness of treatment may decrease.
If you use other eye drops, wait at least 5 minutes after using Lumigan before using other eye drops.
Use and safety of the medicine has not been tested in children and adolescents.
Do not change the prescribed dosage without consulting a doctor. If you think the medicine is too weak or too strong, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use the contents of the bottle with eye drops if the protective seal on the neck of the bottle is broken before first opening.
- Wash your hands. Throw your head back and look up;
- Gently pull the lower eyelid until a small pocket forms;
- Rotate the bottle with eye drops until the hole points down, and press the bottle with eye drops until 1 drop gets into the eye;
- Release the lower eyelid and keep your eyes closed for 30 seconds.
Wipe off the fluid draining down the cheek.
If a drop does not get into the eye, try again.
To prevent infection and eye injuries, do not touch the eye or other surfaces with the tip of a droppe. Put on the cap immediately after use and close the bottle.
If you use more than 1 drop, this is unlikely to cause serious problems. But you should avoid it.
If you forget to use Lumigan, drip 1 drop in the eye as soon as you notice a failure, and then continue treatment as scheduled. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed one.
For eyelash hypotrichosis
When using Lumigan drops for eyelash growth, regularity and consistency are important. You should use the drug for 2 months or more.
Apply the drug once a day – before bedtime. You should evenly distribute the composition from the base of the eyelashes along the line of the upper eyelid. It is very important to cleanse the skin from makeup and remove contact lenses.
For proper application, take a cosmetic eye brush and place it horizontally. Drip 1 drop of the composition on the base (not on the tip) of the brush. Quickly sweep the brush along the eyelash line along the entire upper eyelid. In case of accidental contact of the solution with the face, dry it with a napkin.
Watch a video demonstrating how to apply Lumigan for eyelash growth:
How long does Lumigan take to work?
Do not expect too quick a result and do not give up if you do not notice any visible changes after a short time! It takes time to achieve a visible effect. The practice shows that the remedy begins to work 2-4 weeks after the start of its use. The final effect will be noticeable after 14-16 weeks of regular use.
Does Lumigan help eyebrows grow?
The drug is usually sold as a preparation for eyelash growth but it is also suitable for eyebrow growth. The development phases of both hairs are identical, therefore, there is no difference: apply the solution on the eyes or eyebrows. Bimatoprost (a substance that affects the hair) is absorbed into the skin and penetrates the bulbs, stimulating the growth of eyebrows by awakening dormant and increasing growth rate.
What are the side effects?
The product is usually tolerated well. The common side effects are eye irritation (burning, itching, “sand in the eyes”), blurred vision, and some patients reported dizziness and headache. During therapy, bimatoprost can cause darkening of the eyelid skin. After therapy cessation, all adverse reactions usually go away. The instructions for use noted that the drug can cause an increase in the brown pigment of the iris. Brown pigmentation begins to appear around the pupil and extends to the entire iris (most often, these are minor changes). In this case, treatment can be continued but should be monitored by a doctor. The color of the eyes most likely will not be restored after the treatment.
If you have any severe and long-lasting side effects after using this remedy, seek medical attention as quickly as possible.
Who should you not use this medicine?
Consult your doctor before using this medication.
- Do not use these eye drops if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to bimatoprost or any other drug component;
- The product should not be used in children and adolescents under the age of 18 years since use in this age group has not been studied.
Who should use this product with caution?
If you suffer or have suffered from any of the following diseases, talk with your doctor before using Generic Lumigan:
- liver or kidney disease;
- breathing problems;
- low blood pressure or low heart rate;
- viral eye infection or inflammation;
- if you have had a cataract surgery.
Blur may occur for a short time after using this silution. You must not drive a car or operate machinery until you can see clearly again.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- suffer from other diseases;
- have allergies or;
- take other medicines.
Can I use it during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
There is no experience with using this drug during pregnancy. Therefore, it should be used only as directed by your doctor. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you are pregnant, or plan to have a baby.
The active ingredient of the drug can pass into breast milk. You should not breastfeed while using it.
Can Lumigan interact with other drugs?
No interaction study was performed. Interaction in humans is not expected since systemic concentrations of bimatoprost are extremely low in the body after applying in the form of eye drops.
Preclinical studies indicate that the medicine is biotransformed in the body using any of the many enzymes and metabolic pathways and does not affect the liver enzymes involved in drug metabolism.
In clinical studies, this solution was used simultaneously with several different ophthalmic beta-adrenoreceptor blockers (timolol 0.5%) without signs of interaction.
The simultaneous use of bimatoprost and drugs for the treatment of glaucoma, except for topical beta-adrenergic receptor blockers, was not studied during the additional treatment of glaucoma.
Benefits of Lumigan for eyelashes
Lumigan has a number of undeniable advantages, thanks to which it is in high demand from the moment of its appearance on the world market to the present days.
- The product helps effectively increase the density of the hair, stimulates enhanced hair growth of eyebrows and eyelashes. In just a few applications it allows you to increase the pigmentation of light eyelashes, awaken even sleeping hair follicles;
- The process of applying serum is unusually simple and takes a minimum of time, making it absolutely easy to use at home. Affordable price for the generic drug is also an attractive feature.
Top 5 myths surrounding Lumigan
- Myth 1: “The product contains hormones and antibiotics”. To understand that this is fiction, just read the composition and learn about the function of the components. Bimatoprost is an artificially synthesized analogue of fatty acid, which is involved in the breakdown of fats in the human body, the regeneration of cells and their saturation with essential nutrients. It stimulates the hair follicles, and due to this, the eyelashes begin to grow more actively and use their full potential. The positive effect of the drug is visible in a fairly short time;
- Myth 2: “It will make my eyelashes worse”. This myth is refuted not only by the reviews of a huge number of customers but also by clinical studies. It is worth noting that the result of the drug’s action directly depends on the initial condition of your eyelashes, and if you have short eyelashes by nature, no preparation will make them grow back to the very eyebrows. All such remedies work the same way: the worse eyelashes you had before its use, the better result it gives. The drug can increase the length of hairs by 25-30%, the volume – by 2 times and make them darker by 20%. Moreover, regardless of the cause of the poor condition of your eyelashes: lack of vitamins, the harmful effects of cosmetics, hypotrichosis or something else – the drug will help restore them in any case. You need to understand that initially healthy hairs will not grow by 25-30% because they have a certain length by nature. But even healthy eyelashes reach their maximum potential if you are using Lumigan eye drops;
- Myth 3: “This drug is bad for your eyes”. The effectiveness of bimatoprost for cosmetic purposes was discovered by chance. Initially, the drug was used to treat high eye pressure, but after some time, ophthalmologists began to notice an amazing “side effect”: long and thick eyelashes grew in people who used the drug for a rather long period of time. Trichologists were actively interested in history, and from that moment the path of bimatoprost in cosmetology began. The medicine has passed the necessary clinical trials and is recognized as safe preparation. The main thing here is to follow the instructions, apply the solution in a small amount only along the line of hair growth on the upper eyelid and on the eyebrows, avoid contact with the eyes and not affect areas where you do not need extra hairs;
- Myth 4. “The product easily replaces mascara”. This is only partially true. The eye do not contain any coloring substances in their composition. Their principle of action is based on the stimulation of blood circulation and the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles, from which the eyelashes grow. Due to this, they become longer, thicker and darker. However, it takes time to see this effect. During this period, mascara can be used additionally, but you should not forget that you need to wash it off before applying the medicine;
- Myth 5. “Generic Lumigan is cheaper than other similar drugs because it is less effective”. This is not true. Almost all similar drugs also contain bimatoprost. This product for the growth of eyelashes has a lower price due to the absence of additional substances such as vitamins in the composition, which do not play a significant role but increase the cost of production. Besides, the drug is cheaper because it’s a generic medication and the manufacturers have not had the expenses of developing and advertising a new drug. But it has exactly the same pharmacological effects as those of their brand-name counterparts.
Are there any special instructions?
- The solution should not be applied until you remove the contact lenses;
- If any skin contact occurs, dry the skin with napkin immediately;
- Drug withdrawal makes eyelashes return to their original state;
- The results of using the product become visible after a month of daily use. Do not stop using the solution if you see no effect after 2 weeks of use. You will see the maximum result after 14-16 weeks of regular treatment;
- Store the solution at room temperature. Keep away from children;
- The expiration date is indicated on the package;
- Close the bottle with eye drops immediately after use and always keep it tightly closed to avoid contamination;
- Do not use the expired medicine. Once opened, the solution can be used for 4 weeks only. The remaining quantities must be disposed of after this time. Here’s how to avoid infections. As a reminder, write down the opening date in the space provided on the folding box.
Your doctor or pharmacist will provide you with additional information. These people have detailed information about this product.
What doctors and cosmetologists say about this medicine?
Sara Gilliam, ophthalmologist: “I often come across information about this product on the Internet. The composition is safe – there are components that can cause a negative reaction but this can be avoided with proper use. The active substance really can affect the hair growth rate – this is confirmed information, therefore, from the point of view of aesthetics, the product justifies the manufacturer’s promises. If you are planning to use it for treating eye diseases, you’d better consult a doctor. In general, I like Lumigan in terms of safety and effectieness. You can use it, but do it wisely.”
Jessica Mauldin, cosmetologist: “Before recommending this product to my clients, I tried it myself – I received it as a gift from a friend. I really liked the result. I did not notice any adverse reactions, although I have been using it for several years. From this I conclude that the product does not have a cumulative effect. The simplicity and speed of action is amazing. Castor oil will never give such an effect. In general, I can recommend this product as an effective and inexpensive treatment for eyelash growth.”