Generic Bimatoprost 0.03% is an effective and inexpensive solution for the growth of eyelashes. It is also used to treat the symptoms of glaucoma.
Where to buy Bimatoprost 0.03%?
If you are not lucky to have natural long and saturated eyelashes, we recommend buying this medication from our online pharmacy. After 4-6 weeks of application, you will be delighted with your new look. We guarantee that we sell only high-quality and certified products with maximum shelf life. Here you can also compare the prices for similar medications based on this substance and choose the best option for you. This solution will take care of your eyelashes. We are able to offer the lowest prices for medications as we specialize on generics. Besides, we are operating purely online, which means we save on renting and/ or employment. In addition, we regularly offer coupon codes, special offers, and discounts. So if you are looking for bargains, shop online! Enjoy your shopping!
What is Bimatoprost?
This is a physiologically active fatty acid that is contained in almost all human cells in a small amount. It has an impact on a number of processes in our body: it regulates cell growth helps the body absorb calcium and helps the breakdown of fat.
Since the 30s of the last century, scientists have learned to synthesize bimatoprost analogues and began to use them in medicines.
Due to the complexity of the synthesis, this fatty acid is very expensive. Its price is approximately 1,500-2,500 US dollars per 1 gram.
Since 2001, the product has been sold in the United States and Europe as a remedy for increased intraocular pressure, i.e. glaucoma.
American ophthalmologists who prescribe these eye drops for their patients with glaucoma soon noticed that one of the side effects of the drug is eyelash growth! Under US law, if a drug is approved and registered against one ailment, then it can also be legally prescribed for another disease. Since 2002, this medicine has been used for eyelash hypotrichosis.
You may also watch a video published by RxLearn team speaking about this medication:
Mechanism of action
For glaucoma: Bimatoprost is a synthetic prostamide structurally related to F2ά prostaglandins. However, the IOP-lowering effect of this drug is not about binding to prostaglandin receptors, but about selective imitation of the effect of prostamides. The exact mechanism of action of the drug is not known, as there are currently no receptors for it in the human body.
The effect of reducing IOP is to increase the outflow through the trabecular network and the uveoscleral outflow of intraocular fluid. The drug starts working approximately 4 hours after application and reaches its peak after 8-12 hours. Its duration is at least 24 hours.
For hypotrichosis: Studies have shown that the substance quickly penetrates the skin and enters directly into the hair sacs. In a certain way, it lengthens the cyclic phase of eyelash growth. In addition, the substance increases the number of eyelashes, makes them strong and resistant to environmental influences.
How to use Bimatoprost?
For hypotrichosis: To ensure the maximum effect of the product, it must be used daily at bedtime for several months. Before applying the product, you need to remove makeup and wipe the skin with one of the cleansers. If you use eye lenses, they must be removed. Squeeze one drop of the drug onto the applicator and immediately apply it along the entire base of the eyelashes from the outer corner of the eye to the inside. Excess product that remains outside the lash line must be removed with a soft cotton pad or napkin. Bear in mind that this product is not applied to the lower eyelid. Apply for at least 1 month to see the positive result.
For glaucoma: 1 drop in the evening to the affected eye. If you use the medicine more often, then the effectiveness of therapy decreases. If you miss the next dose, you need to continue treatment in a standard dose. Only a doctor can determine the duration of treatment. Always consult a doctor before using this medicine for glaucoma.
The most common side effect caused by bimatoprost is conjunctival hyperemia (15-45% of cases). Other common side effects are eyelash growth (when used for glaucoma), itching (15-45%).
In 1-10% of cases, users reported dryness, burning, pain, irritation in the eye, visual impairment, foreign body sensation, periocular pigmentation, blepharitis, cataracts, superficial punctate keratitis, periorbital erythema, darkening of the eyelids, lacrimation, photophobia, allergic conjunctivitis, asthenopia, increased pigmentation of the iris, conjunctival edema, hypophagism, abnormal hair growth.
In less than 1% of cases, intraocular inflammation (iritis) occurs.
side effects (about 10%) usually include colds and infections of the upper respiratory tract. About 1-5% of patients may complain of headache, increased liver enzymes in laboratory tests, asthenic condition.
Contraindications and precautions
Do not use this medication if you have any of the following conditions:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- syndrome of increased reactivity of the respiratory tract, including bronchial asthma in the acute stage and history of episodes, severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- sinus bradycardia, atrioventricular block II and III degree, clinically pronounced heart failure, cardiogenic shock;
- age under 18 years.
- pregnancy, lactation period.
Caution should be exercised if you have any of the following conditions:
- impaired liver and kidney function (the drug is not well studied in this category of patients);
- the presence of risk factors for macular edema (for example, aphakia, pseudophakia, rupture of the lens);
- diabetes mellitus (unstable course) and impaired glucose tolerance;
- inflammatory changes in the eyes, neovascular, inflammatory, angle-closure glaucoma, congenital glaucoma or narrow-angle glaucoma (no data on the study of efficacy and safety).
What if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
The FDA risk category of using this medication during pregnancy is C. In animal studies, the drug has a teratogenic effect in doses significantly exceeding the maximum for humans. Adequate studies on women have not been conducted. The possibility of excretion of the drug and its metabolites in mother’s milk has not been studied, but this fact has been established in experiments on animals. For this reason, the use of this product is possible in cases where the effect for the mother outweighs the potential risk of side effects for the fetus or child.
Can it interact with other drugs?
The interaction of bimatoprost with other medicinal substances is unlikely due to its extremely low concentration in the blood after application into the eye. According to preclinical studies, the drug is biotransformed in various ways and it does not affect the liver enzymes involved in the metabolism of other drugs.
Studies have not shown interactions with various types of β-blockers when used together. Interaction with other anti-glaucoma drugs has not been studied.
What else should I keep in mind?
- Bimatoprost often causes increased pigmentation of the iris, eyelids and eyelashes. These effects are manifested due to an increase in the amount of pigment in melanocytes, but this is not accompanied by an increase in the number of the latter. The severity of manifestations depends on the duration of treatment;
- When you stop using this solution, pigmentation of the iris often does not return to the original, while pigmentation of the eyelids and eyelashes may decrease. The long-term effects have not been studied;
- In some cases, there is a reversible increase in the growth, thickness and number of eyelashes that is reversible with therapy cessation;
- The effect of this medicine in the treatment of angle and narrow angle, uveal, neovascular and congenital glaucoma has not been investigated;
- Due to the presence of benzalkonium chloride in the drug composition, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the cornea with prolonged use due to the risk of developing point and / or toxic ulcerative keratopathy, especially in patients with dry eye syndrome and using contact lenses;
- Currently, there is no data on the effect of this drug on human fertility. The drug also did not have a carcinogenic and mutagenic effect in experiments on animals;
- The safety of the drug in children under 18 years of age has not been studued;
- Short-term blurred vision or other visual disturbances can occur, so you should refrain from driving when using this product.
Advantages of Generic Bimatoprost 0.03%
The advantages of the product are its completely natural composition, which allows you to almost completely avoid allergic reactions (with rare exceptions).
Another advantage is that the cost of the product is not increased because of the need to recoup a promoted brand. The final cost of the drug includes only the real cost of an effective aid. This solution copes with its tasks easily, and you do not need to use any additional drugs that reinforce or enhance the effect, which is also an undeniable advantage.
Tips for using Bimatoprost 0.03% Ophthalmic Solution
- Observe the regimen. Use the product before bedtime, for example after brushing your teeth and washing your face;
- Store the drug in a convenient place near your usual skin care products or next to your toothbrush. Thus, you will not forget to apply it before bedtime;
- Be patient. Treatment takes time. Use the solution once a day at bedtime. Do not abuse the drug, it can cause itching in the eyes or redness of the eyes. To achieve the result, use the solution for at least 2 weeks;
- Thoroughly clean your eyes before applying. If your makeup remover leaves an oil film on your eyelids, remove it with water or soap. When you apply the solution, the eyelids must be clean;
- Beware of germs. Always use a sterile applicator. Do not attempt to apply the product with a cotton swab. Do not let the bottle tip or applicator touch your fingers or any surfaces to avoid contamination;
- Observe the dose when applying. If you forget to apply the product before bedtime, do not apply a double dose the next day. Just apply the product the next evening according to the instructions;
- The effect must be maintained. After using the solution, eyelashes will eventually return to their original appearance. It usually takes 4-8 weeks;
- Watch the growth of your eyelashes. To see how your eyelashes change, take photos of your eyelashes at weeks 0, 4, 8, 12, and 16.
FAQs about Bimatoprost
How long does Bimatoprost take to work?
You will see the positive result after 4-6 weeks of regular use, the maximum result is achieved after 12-16 weeks. Growth occurs gradually, every day during the night.
What is hypotrichosis of the eyelashes?
Eyelashes hypotrichosis is a condition indicated by an inadequate amount and quality of eyelashes. There may be acquired and congenital hypertrichosis.
What are the causes of eyelash hypotrichosis?
This condition can be caused by mechanical injury to the eyelids, demodicosis, burns to the face with chemicals or fire, disruption of the immune system, exposure to constant stress, use of poor quality cosmetics, avitaminosi, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
What is glaucoma?
This term unites a group of eye diseases. Their main symptom is a constant or periodic increase in intraocular pressure to a level that causes damage and atrophy of the optic nerve with an irreversible decrease in vision, even complete blindness can occur. There are several types of glaucoma: open-angle glaucoma and close-angle glaucoma.
What are glaucoma symptoms?
The common signs of the diseases are severe eye pain, nausea and vomiting, sudden onset of visual disturbance, blurred vision, halos around lights, reddening of the eye.
Can you have glaucoma with normal eye pressure?
Yes. This form of glaucoma is called normal-tension glaucoma.
What is a normal glaucoma pressure?
In general, a “normal” pressure range is between 12-22 mm Hg.
Does high blood pressure cause glaucoma?
Yes. High blood pressure can cause ocular hypertension.
Can I have high pressure in eyes but not glaucoma?
Yes. The presence of ocular hypertension may not mean an individual has glaucoma. In this case, you should consult a doctor who will make a correct diagnosis.
How long does one bottle last?
One bottle can last 8-12 weeks of daily use.
It is a substitute for mascara?
No, it does not work like mascara. This is a solution for eyelash growth. Nevertheless, mascara can be used as an addition.
What if I forget to use the solution one evening? Or a few days in a row?
If you miss one or more doses, do not try to catch up. Apply the usual dose the next evening and stay within the established schedule.
What happens if I stop using this solution?
Your eyelashes will return to their natural length a few months (usually 2-3 months, and maybe more) after the drug withdrawal.
Can I have overdose?
There have been no cases of overdose. In case of an overdose, treatment should be symptomatic and supportive.
How long can I use this product?
As soon as you finish the second bottle of the solution, you’d better take a break for 2-3 months.
What should I do if I wear contact lenses?
Contact lenses must be removed before applying the product and can be inserted 15 minutes after applying it.
What should I do if the solution gets into my eyes?
This is an ophthalmic drug. Eye contact should not harm your eyes. It is not necessary to wash them if eye contact occurs.
Why is it necessary to apply this drug only on the base of the eyelashes of the upper eyelids?
Clinical trials were conducted on women who used the product only on the basis of the eyelashes of the upper eyelids. Do not apply solution on eyes or lower eyelids. This may cause hair growth in places where the solution contacts with the skin. It is important to use the drug only on the skin of the upper eyelid at the base of the eyelashes with the help of an applicator and wipe the extra product on the edges of the eyelids to avoid its interaction with the skin of the cheeks or other areas.
What to do if I have eye itching after using this product?
Eye itching may be detected immediately after use. See your doctor if itching persists or you notice other symptoms. If you notice unusual eye conditions, a sharp decrease in visual acuity, conjunctivitis and eyelid reaction, you should immediately consult a doctor for medical advice.
How to store this product?
Store it in a dry place, at temperature between 36-77 degrees F (2-25 degrees C), out of reach of children and pets.
If you want to buy this medicine but still have any doubts, we recommend that you read the reviews of satisfied customers and make sure that this purchase is a profitable financial investment not only in your own appearance but also in the health of your eyelashes.
Study the reviews about this product and you will understand why it is highly valued all over the globe.
Ann Fitzgerald: “I purchased this solution for eyelash growth. Also used used it for eyebrows. The product does magic!!! Eyelashes grow faster, become thicker. The shape of eyebrows also changed with the help of this product. Its cost is affordable for everyone!!!! I’m so happy! I have been using it for a year.”
Patricia Bowers: “It gives an amazing effect is. I highly recommend that you try this solution for hypotrichosis, the result will surprise you. I order Generic Bimatoprost 0.03% from this website.”
Donna Stokes: “I ordered these eye drops four times. Always gives an amazing effect, eyelashes become thick, long and black) I don’t know why this happens, but it’s really true 🙂 If you want beautiful eyelashes without extension, do not be afraid to order it online. However, when you stop using it, your eyelashes return to their previous state 🙂 A wonderful product at a low cost 🙂 It is better than extension and I usually have long eyelashes other three months after I stop using it.”