Bimat eye drops are used to treat hypotrichosis, short, weak eyelashes. Bimat increases the length, thickness and enhances the color of eyelashes. These substances are also used to lower intraocular pressure in patients with a diagnosis of glaucoma. By reducing the pressure, the risk of blindness is significantly decreased.
These drops gained immense popularity, demonstrating an incredibly fast and always noticeable result since its application. This innovative means will allow you to give your eyelashes an ideal look, strength and health, in whatever serious condition they are before the moment of its application. It is safe and effective providing amazing results.
This means is prescribed to reduce eye pressure. Its active ingredient is synthetic prostaglandin bimatoprost – an unsaturated fatty acid, similar in its properties to hormones. Getting into the eye, drops help maintain the balance of the flow and outflow of eye fluid. It is a violation of this balance that leads to an increase in pressure, due to which the blood supply to the eye is impaired and the load on the optic nerve increases.
Bimatoprost reduces IOP in humans by increasing the outflow of aqueous humor through the trabecular meshwork and uveoscleral outflow. IOP reduction begins about 4 hours after the first use. The maximum effect is achieved after about 8–12 hours. The effect lasts for at least 24 hours.
It is a selective agonist of FP receptors and reduces intraocular pressure (IOP) by increasing aqueous humor outflow, mainly through the uveoscleral outflow. IOP reduction begins approximately 3-4 hours after drug administration, the maximum effect is observed after 8-12 hours. The overall effect lasts for at least 24 hours.
Best Eye Drops for Dry Eyes
Eye drops for dry eyes are used because they have a calming and moisturizing effect, dry, reddened, itchy or burning eyes.
If too little lubricating fluid is produced or if the function of the nasolacrimal canal is impaired, this can lead to a destruction of the tear film. This, in turn, causes hypersensitivity of the eye to the environment. The lubricating fluid provides important eye protection and saturates the top layer of cells with nutrients and oxygen. If the tear film is damaged, a large number of germs may appear, which can lead to inflammation. In addition, the disintegration of the tear film can lead to drying, scarring and blurring of the cornea, which can permanently impair vision.
Your doctor may prescribe drops for dry eyes which will improve their conditions considerably. Find in the table below the right medication for your diagnosis and condition.
Eye Drops for Red Eyes
Red eyes can spoil a perfect appearance. They also cause a lot of annoying questions from others, which doesn’t contribute to good mood. Such eyes are often a sign of an infectious disease, dry mucous membranes.
Drops for red eyes belong to different medical groups: antibiotics, antiviral, antiallergic, vasoconstrictor. In the case when the cause of redness of the eyes are bacteria or viruses, it is necessary to prescribe drops from infection and inflammation. These substances include antiviral and antibacterial drugs. They affect the cause of eye redness. In the case of redness caused by allergies, the doctor may prescribe anti-allergic drops.
When redness is a sign of overload and lack of sleep, vasoconstrictor drops are used. They cause a spasm of small blood vessels entering the mucous membrane, thus reducing redness caused by overload.
Ways to remove red eyes
Most often, if the redness is caused by overload or excessive eyestrain, then the following tips will help to remove unfavorable condition:
- wash your face and eyelids with cold water. Cold water causes a sharp narrowing of blood vessels.
- using cold water and compresses can help remove red eyes.
Try vasoconstrictor eye drops and lotion for removing redness. But do not forget to follow the instructions carefully. Excessive putting in of such eye drops can increase redness. Remember that if the redness of the eye is accompanied by pain, increased sensitivity to light, decreased vision or the appearance of mist in front of the eyes, this is the reason for an immediate consultation with a doctor.
Antibiotic Eye Drops
Antibacterial eye drops are prescribed for the treatment or prevention of infectious (bacterial) diseases of the eye. An eye infection develops when harmful bacteria infect one of the eye membranes. As a rule, the mucous membrane (conjunctiva) and the cornea are the first to suffer from infection.
Antibiotics for the eyes are divided into different groups. According to the mechanism of influence on pathogenic bacteria are divided into:
- antibiotics that violate the structure of the bacterial cell wall;
- antibiotics that violate the structure of the cell bacterial membranes;
- antibiotics inhibit the synthesis of nucleic acids.
It is very important to take care about your eyes. Things like regular visits to an ophthalmologist, enough sleep and regular rest for your eyes while working at the computer will help keep your eyes healthy for a long time. If you suffer from vision problems, you should visit an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.
If possible, limit the time when you are working on your computer, tablet or phone. Although there is still no scientific evidence that working at a computer harms eyesight, it can cause strain and dry eyes. Strong or, on the contrary, insufficient brightness of the computer screen leads to fatigue of the eye muscles. If you cannot limit the time spent at the computer, use the techniques that will relax your eyes.
watch the video of how to relax eyes:
Choosing food for eye health
- Use foods that help your eyes stay healthy. Vitamins C and E, zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin and omega-3 fatty acids are essential for eye health. These substances help to avoid cataracts, lentoid opacity and even age-related macular dystrophy.
- Eat foods that contain vitamin E. These are products like cereals, nuts, wheat germ, and vegetable oils in your diet. These products are rich in vitamin E, so using them will help you get a daily dose of vitamin E.
- Eat foods that contain zinc. These are products like beef, pork, shellfish, peanuts and legumes. Products containing zinc are important for the health of your eyes.
- Eat foods that contain vitamin C. These are products like oranges, strawberries, broccoli, bell peppers, and Brussels sprouts in your diet.
- Use foods that contain lutein and zeaxanthin. Eat cabbage, spinach, broccoli and peas. These vegetables contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are good for eyesight.
- Eat carrots.
- Eat foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids. Eat fish that contain omega-3 fatty acids (salmon or sardines) once or twice a week. Or, if you do not like fish, eat a daily dose of omega-3 supplements.